Principal Geotechnical (Tailings) Engineer - Reno, NV, U.S.A
SRK Consulting is an independent, international consulting practice, providing globally integrated consulting services to the international mining and metals sector.
We are seeking a Principal Geotechnical (Tailings) Engineer to be based in our Reno, NV, U.S.A office.
The successful candidate will consult on projects for North American and international clients, requiring travel. Assignments will include work primarily related to the mining industry, including civil aspects of design, construction, and closure. Expertise may include any/all of dam design (upstream, centerline and downstream), pumping/transport expertise, tailings planning including beaching characteristics, closure planning and options/risk evaluations. Responsible for business development, proposal preparation, participation in marketing efforts, project and personnel management, scopes, budgets, and all levels of facility design. Strong design and writing skills are required.
- An undergraduate degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering;
- At least 15 years of engineering experience in field investigation and design and construction of tailings facilities;
- Experience with tailings characterization and technologies, such as conventional, thickened, paste and filtered deposits for metals mining;
- Effective communication, management and leadership qualities;
- Ability to establish and maintain client relationships;
- Registration as a professional engineer (P.E., P. Eng.); and
- Qualified Person status under the requirements of NI 43-10
Additional, preferred skills and qualifications:
- Fluency in more than one language; and
- Master`s degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering.
This position involves working in multi-disciplinary teams on a range of projects both nationally and overseas; international travel may form a significant part of the role.
In return for considering a future with us, we offer:
- An attractive compensation package.
- Diversity of projects and clients within a non-hierarchical consultancy environment.
- Opportunity to purchase shares in the company; the SRK Group is an independent group, owned by its employees.